THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Happy Anniversary to us

Yesterday was Jeff & I's 8th anniversary. Since it's in the middle of the week (and we're po) we decided to wait until the weekend to go out. Luckily (or not, depending on how things go) Emma's preschool teacher and a few students were offering to sit for kids on Saturday night, from 6-11:30pm, for only $20. But, as of Monday, there weren't many takers, so it might be cancelled. But, even if it is, we have a back-up sitter. Our back-up is a guy named Nate, who works with Jeff at the college. He's a student, who is getting his degree in Early Childhood Education. He's a really nice guy, but at first glance, might seem a little scary. He's big, about 6'2", with a beard. While I don't care what he looks like, I know that Emma is used to small females watching her & Sarah. I'm only a little worried about Emma's first impression of him. But, even IF she is a little wary of him at first, something tells me it won't last. As soon as she realizes that he knows how to play, just like all her other sitters, it won't matter what he looks like.
Anyway, I made Jeff's favorite dinner last night (Hamburger Helper Stroganoff) and Emma & I baked a cake yesterday. It was kinda weird looking, only because the only cake mix we had was chocolate & Emma wanted to use the pink frosting with the sprinkles. Ok, whatever. So dark brown cake with bright pink frosting & sprinkles. Happy anniversary!!! Then, after the kids went to bed, we did what every other couple might do on their anniversary...we played video games. If you know us well at all, it's not surprising, as we're both addicted to video games. Especially World of Warcraft right now. We both just hit lvl 40 & finally got mounts. So, instead of walking everywhere, now we can ride horsies. Trust me, it makes a world of difference.
Jeff has an interview in Grand Rapids on Monday. So, we went out last night and bought him a suit. He had one that was made in Thailand, but that was 4 years ago, and it doesn't fit anymore. This one is very nice. We also bought a nice shirt & some Florsheim shoes to go with it. EXPENSIVE Florsheim shoes. Things were $100. I don't think I've EVER owned a pair of shoes that cost $100, and I'm a girl. But, he made it partly up to me by buying me a pair of cute strappy dress shoes. With a 2 inch heel. So now I'm very much taller than him when I wear them, lol. But they match the outfit I got for Mother's Day, so I'm happy.

No comments: