THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Fun in the sun

The girls & I were invited to go swimming at a new friend's community pool this morning. As it was already extremely warm by 10am, it wasn't hard to get the kids into the pool. She has 2 boys, Topher & Tolby, 4 & 3, and Seally, a little girl who is about 2 weeks older than Sarah. Emma had a blast! She's not used to going in big pools, so the water wings we bought yesterday, along with borrowing her new friend's inner tube, were on her at all times. But, she still didn't want to put her face into the water, even with the goggles we bought her. Oh well, it'll come with time. Sarah, who is battling a cold, I believe, was not a happy camper. We bought her a little floaty, that's shaped like a dolphin. She just sat in it, with her head on the little inflatable pillow on the front, and was basically solemn the whole time. In her defense, I had given her some baby Dimetapp to help with her coughing and runny nose only an hour beforehand. I took her out and she fell asleep on my shoulder while I was walking around the shallow end of the pool. She ended up taking a 3 hour nap. Poor little baby's just not feeling ship shape right now. Emma, on the other hand, couldn't get enough of the pool. She didn't exactly fight me when it came time to go, but she deliberately stayed in the pool after I asked her to get out numerous times. I reminded her that if she didn't get out, she would miss her school bus. That got her out fairly quickly. We went home, and had just enough time to get a quick bath, eat lunch and run out the door for the bus. Can't wait to do that every morning starting in August.
Speaking of which, I finally took in Emma's birth certificate and shot record to her new school. They were the last pieces of info they needed before she was officially enrolled in the school. I put in a verbal request for a certain teacher, only because we'd met her before and the other K teacher is pregnant and will be leaving in the middle of the year. I know Emma has a hard time with that kind of stuff, so I figured I'd try to get the teacher that will be around the whole time.
Emma's preschool teacher and 3 student teachers are offering a "Parent's Night Out", where they will watch the kids for $20 flat for 5 1/2 hours. Considering our anniversary is next week, I signed Emma & Sarah up. I asked Mrs. Wright beforehand, to see if it would be ok for them to watch Sarah, as well, and she said it would be fine. But, $20 for 5 1/2 hours!!?? That's a deal! Generally we pay our sitters well, basically so they'll want to watch our kids again. Like, $30 for 3 hours. So this is a steal for 5 1/2 hours. I'll just make sure she's got enough food & drinks to last and toys to play with.

No comments: