THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Control freak

Well, after much hemming & hawing, and promises to do this right after spring break, and whining from Emma about being with her friends, I finally have a schedule set up for Emma to start riding the bus to & from school 2 days a week. I still want to take her the other two days, so I can briefly chat with her teachers about how she's doing. I know, it's a control thing. I truly wonder at how working parents can send their kids off to the sitters & then on a bus to school and back. Very strong, cause I don't think I could do it. I know they do it out of necessity, but I can't even fathom it. And next year, with Emma's elementary school being so far out of town, she's going to end up taking the bus probably at least 3x a week, maybe 4. I know I'm still going to want to take her & pick her up once a week to touch bases with her teacher. But the bus ride there & back is really long, about an hour or so. She might end up having to be picked up at 6:30am. Yikes! That's way early, even for adults. But the good thing is, if she takes the bus, I don't have to get myself presentable in the morning. Well, not so much.
A few updates: Jeff just finished the first of two summer school classes. It was an accelerated course on the American Civil Rights Movement. Only 3 weeks long & very stressful. He doesn't think he did that well, in fact, he'll be satisfied if he passes. I'm sure he'll probably wish he'd opted for the Credit/No Credit option.
Emma's losing another tooth. It's taking awhile to come out but it's definitely loose.
Sarah started her medication on Monday for her reflux. So far, I haven't seen a vast improvement, but it's coming along I think. She's only supposed to be on this for 2 weeks and then we'll see where she is with the puking. On a bad note, however, I think she's coming down with a cold. I think both the girls are. They've been coughing and sneezing and having runny noses. But they don't seem overly cranky, which you would think would happen with a cold. But Sarah's eyes are starting to get watery, so I'm maybe changing my mind and thinking it's allergies. I know Jeff has really bad springtime allergies, but I didn't think about the kids.
Speaking of spring, I don't know where it went, but it's not spring anymore. I think it's officially summer. It's miserable here. Humidity up the wazoo, and it's 82 degrees at 10 am!!! Insane. Our poor grass is dead, and I'm slowly trying to squeeze some life out of it. But I can't water until about 6pm due to the fact that it receives 100% sun ALL day. There's no shade whatsoever. Which is why we don't go outside very often. Maybe I'll buy one of those kiddy pools and set it up in the front yard (where there's at least some shade from the house) with a sprinkler. It also has the most green grass, so it's not just dead weeds & dirt.

No comments: