THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Goodbye preschool

Today was Emma's last day at her CMU Human Growth & Development preschool. Actually, tomorrow is the official last day, but Sarah has an appointment in Lansing at 1pm, and we can't be at two places at once. So, it's been a bittersweet day. While Emma was at school, I went & picked up a little gift for her teacher, Mrs. Joanna Wright. She has been such an awesome teacher to Emma this year, being very patient and kind, and helping her with some very tough obstacles. She has also had about 20 student teachers during the course of 3 semesters, all of whom I know Emma is going to miss. I came back a little early, to watch Emma with her classmates and take some pictures while they were out at recess. I had a little chat with Mrs. Wright while I was giving her her gift, and she said Emma's made a lot of progress this year. She's also made some new friends. She and Jaida, whom she didn't like for the longest time, are friends now. They were inseparable today. They sat, nicely, next to each other on the Circle Time rug (where they shared the orange butterfly spot, which has been a source of contention between numerous students), they even played together on the swings, and followed each other around on bicycles outside. I got a nice picture of them, that I hope to be able to download to the computer soon. There's a driver or something missing, so I haven't been able to put any new pictures up for about a month. She's also become good friends with Wyatt, who has a new baby brother at home. I'm not sure how many of the kids from her class are going to Morey next year. I doubt any, as it's not a school that's close. But, I know Emma will make new friends nxt year, as she's about as social as any kid I've seen.

No comments: