THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Sick & tired

Everytime I've written in the past week or so, I keep thinking the worst of this nasty cold has passed. But, I was proven wrong again. A few days ago, I started feeling pressure in the left side of my face, all the way down to my jawline. I knew it was something else besides just a viral infection. So, I went back to the doctor yesterday and sure enough, I have a sinus infection. Yay. I was put on Amoxicillin 3x a day for 10 days. This morning, the pain is now in BOTH sides of my face. I swear, I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm now on 3 prescription medications. Well 4, if you count my birth control pills. Which are negated by the antibiotics I'm now on. Grrr.
Emma went on her first trip around the block on her bike today. She was very excited. Sarah & I followed her with the stroller. She did really well, only having one minor accident. One of her training wheels went off the sidewalk and she tipped over. This was where I inserted my "that's why we wear helmet's" speech. Which she does, but I just wanted to reinforce the issue. There were a few places where we had to ride on the side of the road, because there are no sidewalks. Apparently the seam between the asphalt & the concrete gutters weren't level because the back wheel ended up off the ground, while the two training wheels still had contact with the street. So, she ended up pedaling nowhere, with the back wheel just spinning in the air. It was kinda funny.
It's instantly spring around here. It was about 60 degrees today, and supposed to be 67 tomorrow. It's also supposed to rain for the next few days with a chance of snow showers on Saturday. What??? Did I just read that right? Grrr, Michigan weather is SO crazy. It won't stick, as the temp's supposed to be in the high 40's. Hopefully the rain will melt all the remaining snow on the ground. It's mostly just in humongous piles in parking lots and such. I think we can officially put away the "fluffy" coat and snow pants. Today was the first day in about 5-6 months where I haven't had to send Emma to school looking like the Michelin Man.
Sarah's glasses should be in by the end of this week, hopefully. I'm so tired of waiting for medical personnel to get on the ball. It seems to take forever to get things done. I think she's going to look so cute once we get them!! If I can keep them on her. I'm really hoping for a surge in gross motor skills once she starts wearing them. I think she really is just scared to move anywhere by any other way except rolling due to the fact that she can't see very well. She IS making progress in moving from a sitting position to a crawling position. She mostly ends up on her tummy, but she's trying really hard! We have her annual IFSP (Individual Family Service Plan) meeting on the 7th of April. Her PT told the coordinator that she thought Sarah might benefit from OT & the Infant Teacher. I'm glad they agree, because I thought she could have used those service 6 months ago, but I digress. At least we're starting down the road now. I'm going to push for PT, OT & the Infant Teacher at least once a week each, for 30 minutes. I also want to push for ST as well, but I doubt they'll approve that. I also need to find out if services are going to be halted during the summer, as all this goes through the school system. I really hope not. What's the point of doing all this work, only have it negated by 3 months of nothing? That's probably what most parents think about the summer break, lol.

No comments: