Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Snowed in

Well, another day in Michigan, another day of snow. We're expected to get about 3-5 inches of snow today alone. That's not counting the inch or so we've gotten in the past few days & not including what's bound to be coming later on this week. Now, I like snow as much as anybody, but even Emma's not happy with these latest developments. Her preschool has been cancelled 2 days in a row (last Thursday & today). She doesn't quite understand that even though the snow isn't bad enough to keep us at home, that doesn't guarantee that there will be school. So she's pretty bummed.
I was able to go to my doctor's appointment early today because of the cancellation. So, I was able to take my glucose test, in order to see if I have gestational diabetes. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I didn't have to drink as much of the sugary sweet liquid as I had thought. When I was pregnant with Emma, I had to drink about 10 ounces of this warm, non-carbonated orange drink, and then sit there for an hour, waiting for them to draw my blood. This time, I only had to drink about 5-7 ounces & it was chilled, making it go down a lot easier. As with most pre-natel tests, no news is good news. So if I don't hear anything from the doctor within a couple days, I'm most likely in the clear. Plus, my blood pressure is continuing to stay normal, which is a good sign, since I had high blood pressure during the last few weeks of my pregnancy with Emma. The only grrr portion of my doctor's appointment was that he decided that I can't get my ultrasound (for insurance reasons) for at least another 2 weeks. That's when my next appointment is, and only then will he schedule the ultrasound. Grrrr! I've been promising family members & friends for 2 months that it was going to happen next week. And now he decides to switch it up on me. This is beginning to be ridiculous. All these other people that are pregnant & either due right around the same time as I am or even past me have already found out. Why do I have the stubborn doctors & insurance companies? I'm afraid by the time they actually do it, the baby will be too big to find out, it'll be all wedged up & in the way. Grrr, argh. So much for having plenty of time to get things together & organized. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going to find out before my baby shower, or if that's going to have to be postponed. Oh well, such is life.

No comments: