THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 29, 2005

Hug your kids

The past two weeks have seen the passing of two little angels with Down syndrome. While I never knew either of these babies or their families, the pain is still very real. That could've been Sarah. Sarah was born with Down syndrome, yes, but she was also at risk, from conception, of having serious health problems, the worst of which she was blessed to have escaped. Heart problems, digestive problems, breathing problems requiring a trach, blindness, deafness. Both the babies who passed away recently had a major heart defect which required surgery. Their names were Kylee Rose and Reese Adam. Kylee was 4 1/2 months old, and Reese just 2 weeks. It's so senseless. Why are we so lucky to still have Sarah? I've never done anything in my life to afford me such grace. She was spared the worst of health problems, hasn't needed any major surgery, and is developing wonderfully. She's the sweetest baby, always ready with a smile, and she adores her big sister. She's curious and worries me to death that she's going to get herself into trouble from all her roaming around and exploring. I see so much promise in her future that 20 years ago wasn't there. And Kylee and Reese didn't even get that chance. I don't understand.
Here are the Memorial Pages for Reese and Kylee.

I know at times I'm just so tired & frustrated with the kids, but it's things like this that remind me that I still have kids to get frustrated at. Some people don't.

No comments: