THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Argh, school blues

Ok, so I called Emma's school 2 1/2 weeks ago, asking where my information packet was from her teacher. They said to expect something the next week. That came, only with a generic letter from the school. We got another letter last week, only this was information about after school activities & the bus info. So, I called yesterday, asking where ANY information was from her teacher, whom I STILL don't know the name of. The lady said to expect it sometime this week. Mind you, school starts on Monday. She also said if I hadn't received anything by the Open House (on Thursday) I could just pick up the list then. 3 DAYS BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS???!!! This is exactly what I had wanted to avoid when I called them 3 weeks ago. Grrrr. I really hope this isn't a view of things to come from this school. It's a charter school, and I had really high hopes for it. It's a 20 minute drive from our house, which would be so bad if we didn't live in a town of only 25,000, and this school is in another town completely. I already bought her backpack, but I would like to avoid redundancy with school supply purchases. So if I don't NEED to buy her crayons, paper, etc, I would like to not HAVE to. I really hope this isn't the start of 12 more years of frustration with the school system. I can already foresee the struggles I'll be dealing with when Sarah starts.

No comments: