THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Strike one for Michigan

Ok, I get it, it snows in Michigan. I understand that now. I've dealt with it & adjusted accordingly. But where did this sleet/freezing rain come from? I thought that was something that only happened on the far East coast. I come back from taking Jeff to work, after only being gone less than 15 minutes, to find my driveway completely iced over. I was sliding all over the place trying to get the van into the garage. I ended up having to back out into the street to get enough traction & speed to propel myself up the driveway & into the garage. And now, to add to this freaky weather, they say it's going to warm up to 49 degrees by this afternoon. Huh? Ok, the snow in Las Vegas was humerous, and the massive amounts of rain in California are scary, but this weather sounds almost apolcalyptic. I don't get it. I guess the old adage about Michigan is true: if you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes, cause it'll change.
On a much happier note, Sarah finally has her first appointment with the Physical therapist. It's taken 2 months to get in to see this guy. We had a mountain of bureaucratic red tape to get through (IEP's, group meetings, them telling me they don't have anyone to give PT to infants...) but she has an appointment this afternoon. I'm hoping to be able to get a schedule of at least once a week, if not more. I have very high hopes for Sarah, developmentally. She's already been so on-track for most of her milestones that I don't want it to start backsliding. Pretty much the only thing she isn't doing that some other kids her age are is crawling. And even Emma didn't crawl until she was 9 months old. Sarah has beat Emma when it comes to some milestones. So I know things will even out, but I don't want her to get really far behind before they strat intervening.

No comments: