THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 09, 2004

End of the line

My trip to California is almost as an end. Tomorrow the girls & I are leaving Sac & traveling south, back to Santa Barbara, and eventually LA where we'll catch our plane back to Michigan. Emma is very excited about this. She misses her daddy & I think this long of a trip is kinda hard on her. Sarah doesn't notice a difference as long as the food supply is with her (me). She's pretty easy going. I'll be glad that we're in our new place. I really think the other place dragged me down. Maybe it was just the weather, I don't know. But there's something nice & refreshing about newly painted walls & floors that don't already have scuffs on them. And carpet that doesn't jab your foot when you step on it. I'll finally be able to decorate Sarah's room the way I want to. Even though I can't paint the walls, I can still do a lot. Hopefully we'll have nice neighbors whose kids can play with Emma. We still have a visit from Nana & Papa to look forward to next month. It'll be nice to be back home.
But while we're still here, we have a lunch date with Aunt Deanna, and a visit from a friend of mine whom I haven't seen in 4 years. She's bringing her 16 month old son with her so Emma should have a little playmate for a couple hours.
It's lunch time, so I better end this. A hungry stomach calls...

No comments: