THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Baby blues

Ok, I know people are probably tired of my ranting about how all I want is to know what the heck I'm having, but here's another one. You can skip it if you like. I went to my doctor's appointment yesterday, all set to be told that he was going to refer me for my ultrasound. I was 30 weeks & that's when he said he would do it. I've been having my friends & family on pins & needles for 2 weeks waiting for this. So, I go, I see him, and it looks like the appointment is coming to a close, WITHOUT him saying a word about my referral. So, I ask him, and he starts to hem & haw & look at my chart. I immediately think in my head, he's going to say, I'd like to wait another 2 weeks. And that's exactly what happened. He says "I'd like to wait until after your next appointment." I just sat there, with a not so happy look on my face. He looks at me, sees my face, and says something like "Is that going to be ok?" And my first reaction was to say "NO! Of course not! Don't you realize that I'm only 10 weeks maximum from having this child? I might as well wait until I give birth with all the procrastinating you're doing!" But instead I say, "Well I'd really prefer to have it this week." So, he gives me the referral. But, as luck (or divine intervention) would have it, they don't have any open appointments until the 20th. I didn't realize THAT many people needed ultrasounds in this tiny town. But I'm not giving up, I'm going to call them everyday to see if they have any cancellations. And if I still have to wait until the 20th, oh well, at least I have a date right now. That's more than I had yesterday.
A friend of mine told me about this website that basically does what I had proposed yesterday. You go there, put in what you think the baby will be & all the other pertinent information about the birth (date, time, weight, length) and then they calculate the results & see who got the most points based on your guesses. I think that would be more fun & a lot less stressful for me, because they're doing all the work. It's called www.expectnet.com. I'm going to set it up this morning, so if you want to, you can go there & predict what we're going to have and all that fun stuff that goes along with it. So, go to expectnet.com and put in Wilson1 as the game name & it should take you right there. I put in my guesses already. But hey, what do I know? I'm only the one carrying this kid.

No comments: