THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 19, 2004

Anticipation

Tomorrow's the big day, or should be. I have my ultrasound at 10am tomorrow morning, and hopefully, if everything goes well, Jeff & I (and Emma) should be able to find out the sex of the baby. Since technically this ultrasound hasn't been scheduled for that exact purpose, I may have to coerce the tech to tell me, or I may have to just keep my eyes peeled on the screen & discern for myself. I'm hoping we have a nice tech who'll be willing to spill the beans & guarantee me something. I'm not even putting myself above a little bribery if the need arises. But hopefully it won't come to that.
Even after we find out what we're having, there's the big issue of what to name the baby. Jeff & I have kinda held off on discussing names until we had only one sex to argue over. Jeff's into normal sounding names that may sound boring, and I like some of them, too, but I also like different names, but not ones that are too trendy at the time. "Emma" wasn't very common when I named her that, so maybe we'll start another trend with this next one. It'll be a cool name in a few years, after people start realizing it.
I feel like I need to be in traction in a hospital bed somewhere. I had to go out & get one of those "prenatel cradles". It's basically like a giant elastic band that is supposed to hold up your huge pregnant belly, thus theoretically taking some of the pressure off your lower back. But, this contraption is about the most hideous thing I've ever seen. I definitely can't go out in the public in this. Unless I want to be publicly ridiculed and stared at like a leper. Since I've only had the thing for a few hours, the verdict's still out on whether it helps with the lower back pain.
I got my CD today. My Gavin DeGraw CD. The guy who was one of the opening acts for Barenaked Ladies. I'm happy. The CD is awesome, this guy is so talented. I'm probably going to wear this CD out before too long.
Emma's been a bit of a butt lately. Apparently, all 4 year olds go through this phase where they have to be first in everything they do. She was pushing other little girls out of the way last night at gymnastics, and stepping in front of them and basically just being a pill. We had to pull her aside twice to talk to her & made her apologize to her teacher after class for not listening. And for a few weeks now, every time she goes to preschool, she asks her teacher is she's going to be the leader of the line today. They take turns, but every time without fail, Emma assumes that it's her turn. I stand outside her classroom door, waiting for them to be let go, and I hear the teacher say to Emma, No, it's "so & so's" time to be leader, you need to get back in line. I just have to laugh. She's so persistent. She also thinks that every time she goes to school, it's her show & tell day. I'm going to have to make a calendar marking the days she has show & tell so we don't keep having this arguement every day.
I'm hoping that once Emma sees the baby on the monitor tomorrow, she'll be a little more receptive to it eventually coming out & going home with us. As of right now, it's still a foreign concept to her. But I think with these attitude problems she's been having lately, the queen needs to be knocked down a notch or two. It'll either help her, or it'll make us all go crazy.

No comments: