THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to the ENT we go

Soooo, after thinking I had Katie's fever/crankiness/rash figured out, she threw me another curveball last night and spiked an 102 degree temp. /sigh I took her to the Pedi this morning, HOPING that something was actually wrong so we could get it fixed. I know that's probably terrible, but when your child is miserable & there's no known cause, it can get extremely frustrating. Anyhow, good news: she's gaining weight! Not much, but it's a little. Bad news: another ear infection. 5th one since the end of April. Almost all in the left ear. So we're having a pattern. We're being referred to the local ENT, whom I'm assuming will probably recommend putting tubes in. I just don't want what happened to Emma to happen to Katie. I want to nip this in the bud right now. She also thought that Katie didn't have roseola, but another random virus that's going around, which would explain the fever AFTER the rash appeared. So we're on Omnicef for 10 days (I think), along with Tylenol/Motrin and Benadryl. Call me Mrs. Pharmacutical.

No comments: