THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Girl Power

Jeff is gone to CA for the next week, so it's just me & my girls. I can already see the difference in not having daddy around, and he only left yesterday morning. I love a clean house as much as the next person, but I also only have so much energy and patience. When Jeff isn't around to help me, my standards definitely get lowered for a few days. For example, I don't care if the kids stay in their pj's all day, as long as it's not a school day; dinners are low-key and not always healthy (we had leftover pizza last night); and if I don't have anywhere to be, I probably won't shower until I have to go somewhere. Not that I don't like to be clean, it's just that I can't always find a good time, aside from midnight, when all the children are finally asleep. It's not helping that we are all feeling a bit icky. Katie's had a fever for 3 days. I would have been willing to put money on it being an ear infection, but I took her in Friday night, and they couldn't find anything. They even did a chest x-ray to check for pneumonia, and that came back clear. So, apparently it's just a viral thing that has to work itself out. Sure, tell that to the miserable baby.
I'm still fighting off a cold/sinus infection/nastiness. I've been coughing up things that look like they belong in a biology lab. Sarah has a runny nose & Emma had a cough. If we're all sick, it must be Tuesday. I swear this family has waves of illnesses. I'm going to work very hard not to have the flu/bronchitis epidemic we had last year.
But, I know that in a couple days I'll get back on track & clean the house. You can only trip over clothes & toys for so long before it gets annoying.

No comments: