THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 14, 2007

The beauty of sleep

I have stayed up WAY too late for the past 4 or 5 days, barely getting 6 hours of sleep at night. When you're by yourself, with 3 kids, doing everything alone, that's not nearly enough. Last night the fatigue hit me like a truck. I came downstairs to read a book with Sarah before her bedtime and after we were done, I reclined the chair I was in and almost fell asleep instantly. 20 minutes went by & I realized it was past Sarah's bedtime, so I put her to bed. I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open. So, at 9pm, when Emma went to bed, I did, too. I slept from 9pm until 6:30am. It was awesome! I only had a few interruptions (such as Sarah having a nightmare at 1am and coming to sleep in my bed, and the times when Sarah would toss & turn and kick me in the head). I still felt when I woke up that I could use another nap, but thank goodness today's Friday so we don't have the morning rush tomorrow. Now if I could just get Katie to sleep past 7am.

No comments: