THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Fun with scissors

I'm sure you're probably thinking, wait a minute, that title doesn't sound very good. You're right, there is really no fun to be had with scissors in the hands of a 6 year who has time to kill. After Emma got home from school yesterday, I told her she needed to clean her room. She went upstairs and proceeded to slowly clean her room. After Jeff got home about an hour later, I was talking to her & noticed her bangs where a little uneven. The I saw that the hair by the side of her face was, too. So, I asked her if she had cut her hair. She feigned ignorance (a favorite past time of hers lately) and said, I don't remember. I'd already not had a happy afternoon, due to issues completely unrelated, so I was not in the mood to play games. I asked her again, and told her if she wanted to still go to her friend's birthday party, she would tell me the truth. She said yes, she cut her hair. I tried very hard not to get angry, and in fact, Jeff & I just had to laugh to ourselves, because the timing could not have been more perfect, in order to help get us out of our funk. So, she can still go to her friend's party, but she's grounded from TV until this weekend.
As for her hair, it's not completely messed up, so I suppose it'll have to wait until this weekend to be fixed as well. She basically just took the top layer of her bangs & cut them about an inch or so shorter than the rest. The sides do look a little funny, so she'll be having her hair up for the rest of the week. I'd take a picture, but my digital camera battery is dead, and I think we left the charger in Detroit. So, I had to order a new one & it hasn't come in yet. I love my children, they keep my life interesting.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

OH NOOO! im dreading the day that happens here so far though wev managed to avoid it lol =) i love the ween pic youv got as a profile pic you guys all look great =) how are you and the tummy tum???