THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 18, 2005

Nothing new

I don't think I could say my life has been boring, as of late, just routine. Lack of sleep, housework, Emma's school, Jeff always gone because of work/school, PT, playgroup and more lack of sleep. That pretty much sums it up. Oh, Sarah popped another tooth this week, so that's good. Only 3 more to go in this round, that I see. There could me more on the horizon, but they haven't started showing yet. She's being pretty consistent with her sleep routine, though. She'll go down between 9-10pm, and wake up somewhere between 2-4am. I TRY not to feed her, but it really all depends on how well she goes back down. Most of the time, though, I give in, only because of exhaustion. Jeff tried to give me a break and takes the car on Friday mornings, so I don't have to get up with the kids & schlep everyone into the car. That would be great, if only the children didn't get up on their own about the same time as Jeff's leaving. So much for sleeping in. Oh well, it's the thought that counts. We each get a "sleep-in day" on the weekends. Mine's Saturday, most of the time. So, I'm SO looking forward to tomorrow morning.
Survivor started last night. Very cool. We're in a CMU fantasy league, and we conned Jeff's cousin Ashley to join us. She's never watched Survivor, so this should be interesting.
Emma took a tumble at school the other day. If you ask her, she was pushed by a girl at school (who ALWAYS seems to be harassing her, in her opinion), but the teacher said she and another child were running and tripped and she scraped her chin on the concrete. She's got a bump on her nose and a boo-boo on her chin, but she'll be ok. Apparently she was more upset about having to come in from recess in order to get patched up, as she was bleeding everywhere. She doesn't like to miss out on all the action.
Little Miss Sarah aka mon petite fille, had her 9 month well-baby check-up this week. Fortunately, no shots were required, which was nice for her & me. She weighs in at 15 lbs. 3 1/4 oz. and 25 3/4 inches long. I had a rough time emotionally while sitting in the waiting room, as apparently it was "baby" day and there were about 3-4 other babies in there, all roughly Sarah's age. Some even younger, were already crawling & cruising along the furniture. I don't normally get upset when I see other babies, but this just kinda hit home that Sarah IS behind developmentally. It's not that I've been in denial about it, but I haven't been faced with it in such a grand scale. She's doing great and is starting to tolerate being on her hands & knees for longer periods of time. Everyone keeps telling me they think she'll walk before she crawls, as she can pull herself up to standing and seems to love to be in that position. She's starting to take steps when you hold her hands, but not very well.
She started on 2nd foods this past week or so, and she seems to be tolerating it pretty well. Although, she's become a little constipated. Sorry to be so graphic. I think it's a combination of the new texture of food & being on oral antibiotics for 10 days. Poor little thing is in pain. I've never had to deal with this, as Emma always had (and continues to have) a great digestive track. I know, TMI, but this is my life.

No comments: