THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Spring is here!

Though by the temperatures outside, you probably wouldn't be able to tell. It's still in the 30's here, with periodic chances of snow, but I think it's supposed to be in the 40's this weekend & more of same next week! So, we're headed in the right direction.
We have been the "sick-house" again this past week or so. After mom & Rhonda left, I was just down for the count. I could barely get off the couch. Poor Jeff had to take a day off work to take care of us. Emma was also home sick, but she had a fever & a cough. I started a cough on Friday that did not sound good. After 2 days of hacking up kittens, I finally went to the doctor. What do you know, flu and bronchitis. Yay. Now I knew why I felt so cruddy. I haven't had the flu in years, seriously. Bronchitis, eh I had that when I was pregnant with Sarah. Sarah was the only fortunate one this year to get a flu shot (cause I'm a bad mommy, and Emma hates shots) but thankfully it seems only Jeff caught my flu. Emma seems to be doing fine. At least now I have most of my voice back, and the kittens have been thoroughly discharged from my lungs. Now I just have a lingering cough and a runny/stuffy nose. But, most of my energy is back, which is a good thing, because the house was starting to look like a tornado had blown through.
Emma has Spring break next week, and although I wish we could do something as a family, Jeff has a training conference in Detroit next week. Bummer. I don't relish the idea of staying at home for a week with 2 bored children, but I'll try to figure out something to do.
Emma has spring pictures today. We went out last night to Wal-Mart to get her a cute new outfit. It's a little Bohemian style, but she liked it. It's a blue mid calf length skirt with little mirrors on it, with a shirt that has lots of little crocheted flowers on it. Add a necklace of mini shells and some sunglasses, and you'd think we were back in San Diego, lol.
Sarah's 2nd birthday is in a little under a month, and I have no clue what we're going to do. Since there's no Chuck E. Cheese around here, and the weather isn't nice enough to do anything outside, I guess I'll have to figure out something.

No comments: