THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I love Harry Potter

No, this is not a love letter to a fictional character. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire came out on DVD yesterday, and Jeff went out and got it for me. I love my husband. He indulges my fanaticism with HP, like when I wentout at midnight last summer to buy book 6. I'm sure he'll be glad when all this nonsense is over, but alas, we're only on the 4th movie, so he has a ways to go.
Anyways, the movie is awesome. It's so hard to continue to stay true to the books, and this movie does sway a bit from it, but the heart of it all is still there.
I read somewhere that they've started filming the 5th movie already. I can't wait. This was the book I struggled with most. Ask Jeff, through the whole book, I kept saying, "Why am I reading this, I don't like how this is going, it isn't fair, blah, blah, blah." The attitude towards harry irked me the whole time I was reading it. Don't even get me started on Umbridge. But, as sado-masochistic as this sounds, I can't wait to see it on film. I really am hoping they can capture the squirmy-worminess I felt while reading it. There are quite a few other characters that I'm anxious to see portrayed in real life. Tonks, for one, should be interesting, as well as Kreecher, the Black family's muggle-hating house-elf. And when book 7 inevitably comes out, you'll once again find me at Meijer, at midnight, in a line of about 350 people.

No comments: