THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 03, 2008

Signs of Spring

After having been pelted with 6 inches of snow last week, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised to wake up this morning and see the TV say that it was 50 degrees outside...at 7am. What?! 50, as in above freezing...by a lot?? Wow. I mean, it's raining, but I can handle rain. I could actually see grass where the snow has melted away from the edge of the driveway. I sent Sarah to preschool WITHOUT her snowpants & boots on (although I did put them in her bag, just in case). Now, seeing as how it's Michigan, and the weather here is wholly unpredictable, it'll probably be snowing by the end of the day again. But that's ok. Cause it's March, and the official start of spring is only a few weeks away.


Edit: And my bubble is burst: I looked at weather.com, and the high tomorrow? 29...sigh. We'll try again next week.

2 comments:

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

It was 70 here yesterday. Expecting 60's today and 40-50's the rest of the week. Our tulips are sprouting through the ground, too! Yay SPRING!!!!!!

Me said...

Oh I so feel your pain. I purposely did NOT enjoy yesterday's balmy weather here (south western Ontario...actually probably not that far from YOU!) for the sole reason that I knew it was just a big tease and we would get hit with some type of arctic freeze again. Yep, today is arctic temps and winter storm warning is in effect for today and tomorrow. Good thing I didn't get my hopes up!