THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Words, Words, Everywhere

It seems we've been having a speech & language explosion over here. In the past week, I've heard 2 new words from Sarah, and Katie has learned 3 signs. Sarah has learned "book" (pronounced boop) and "bubble", which she said very clearly this morning while watching Dora. Katie now knows "mommy", "daddy" and "eat".
I saw Sarah's preschool teacher at the soccer games on Sunday and she really thinks that Sarah's on the verge of a really big speech development. And since this woman was a Speech Pathologist before she was a teacher, I'll take her at her word. It's not like Sarah was silent this whole time, but we really couldn't understand much of what she was saying, which I'm sure frustrates the heck out of her, because she KNOWS what she's saying and is mad we can't understand her.
But we are slowly making strides. I guess it's a good thing the girls both love Signing Time. :)

No comments: