THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Dental visit

I had Emma's dentist push up her appointment because it seemed like her cavity/infection in her gums was not getting better. So, we went this morning & had them pull her tooth. It's her first molar on the bottom lefthand side. She did remarkably well. I was going to push for them to put her under, but they said they don't do that, and the places that DO, won't let me be back with her. So, she needs to learn that although getting your teeth worked on sucks, it's not terrible. I guess I should learn this lesson, too, as it's been over 3 years since I had my teeth cleaned. I'm a horrible example, I know. But between either being pregnant or breastfeeding for the better part of 4 years, it's been hard to find a good time to go. I hate that Emma has to have so much work done as such a young age, but hopefully this will get us all into the mode of protecting our teeth, and she'll be more diligent about cleaning them as her permanent ones come in. I was so hung up on having it pulled, but I know plenty of people who've had to have teeth pulled, and at this age, all the teeth are coming out, coming in & generally just all over the place anyhow, so I don't think it'll be a big deal. Plus, this just means the Tooth Fairy gets to come early for this one.

No comments: