Monday, June 07, 2004


Well, no word yet on whether we are in first place with our bid for the house. Our realtor went out of town & we were told that she was going to be checking her voicemail & getting back to us. No such luck. I left a message on Friday evening and haven't heard anything back. Someone was supposed to be taking over for her while she was gone, but he hasn't called us either. I called & left him a message this morning, so hopefully someone will get back to this. I'm beginning to think I should have just gone with the person who helped set us up with the house we're renting, but that's a whole other bag that I don't even want to get into. If we don't end up getting this house, it's going to create a messy situation with me going out of town next week. I'll end up having to look for another house to buy, or possibly rent, because the whole escrow thing takes forever, and we won't have enough time to get through it before we have to be out of this house. We'll have to start the whole process all over again, and that takes a lot of time. Plus, this is the only house I've looked at that I like that doesn't need a ton of work.
I'm leaving for CA next Monday. I can't wait to see my family. It's been over a year since I've seen them. I wish Jeff could go with us, but he has summer school & that's important.
Grrr, just got off the phone with the replacement realtor. He said the other deal is still in the works, so we're still in second place. This is ridiculous. People move at such a slow pace around here. I wish they'd just get on with it and tell me yes or no, if we're going to get this house. I don't have time to sit around & wait. I asked the guy if we could see some more houses, because last week we didn't see ANY new ones. My realtor didn't follow up on any of the other houses I gave her, and then she got really sick and was out for 2 days. That's not her fault. But I still don't think she gets the concept that we're on a short time schedule here. Unless she wants us to be out on the street come the end of July when we have no place to live, I think she better get on the ball. I couldn't imagine if our landlord hadn't been generous and given us 60 days notice. We would have been seriously up a creek.
Anyways, Emma had her IEP appointment this morning. It's for her speech therapy that's going to start up again in the fall. The speech therapist is starting a new program where 5-6 kids are put into a group session together that lasts for about 2 1/2 hours, once a week. It'll basically be preschool, but where the only thing they focus on is speech related things. They'll have a snack & everything. They're not 100% sure that's how it's going to happen, but it's looking like it will. That would be fun for Emma, she'd be able to interact with kids her own age in a setting that's helping her speech. Plus, she'll still have regular Kindergarten readiness preschool 4 times a week.

No comments: