THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 06, 2004

Busy day

Today has been very hectic & busy, and it's not even over yet. It all started with some serious lack of sleep, due to Sarah needing to be wide awake at 3am. It's probably because she slept way too much yesterday & I didn't wake her up like I should have. Then I had to take Jeff to work this morning so I could have the car to take Emma to preschool. Everyone had to have baths this morning, because Emma's preschool was having their Mother's Day program (photos of which are on our website). While Emma was playing in the tub, I gave Sarah a sponge bath. Her umbilical cord hasn't fallen off yet, so no baby tub yet. As I was cleaning her legs & feet, I noticed that she had what looked like a popped blister on the side of her index toe, where it rubs up against her middle toe. It looked like it was becoming infected, so I immediately called the doctor to set up an appointment to bring her in after preschool.
Emma's Mother's Day program was really sweet. They sang a few songs & the teacher read the book "I love you forever". It's such a sweet book. Emma sat very quietly, listening to her teacher read it. Which is better than how she does at home. Normally, she wants to discuss the book & read it to you, instead of just listening. Then we had refreshments. I had brought 2 dozen homemade chocolate chip cookies for her class. Emma had about 6 of them. She didn't want to try any of the cookies that other people had brought. I would have thought she would be tired of my cookies and want to try something different. Then she ran around playing with her friends, until I practically had to drag her out of there to go to the doctor's appointment for Sarah.
The doctor said Sarah's toes were just rubbing up against each other, probably from being confined in socks. He said to put Neosporin on it 3 times a day & keep it covered with a tiny, microscopic bandaid, that of course I don't have any of at home. Time to make a trip to Rite-Aid! Now that it's getting warmer out, I won't have to keep Sarah's feet covered all the time to keep them warm, which they never seem to be. So that will help, as well.
Sarah has an appointment next week with the Early On coordinator. She's going to evaluate which therapies Sarah might benefit from & also be a liason with support groups, as well. And a couple moms who have kids with Down Syndrome are supposed to be calling me sometime this week or next week. They live in the area, sort of, so it'll be nice to be able to have contact with some people who have been in our shoes recently.
So that's been our day so far! I know that there will probably be more interesting stuff happening once Jeff gets home. I'll write more later!

No comments: